The Marion High School Athletic Department has put the following guidelines in place for spring sports to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, in coordination with local and state health guidance:
- Masks are required for all spectators, coaches, and student participants (with exceptions for student participants when masks are not possible due to specific activity).
- Spectators must practice social distancing and are encouraged to bring their own chairs as built-in seating is limited at many of our spring sports venues.
- Spectators will not be allowed to stand against the fencing of any athletic venue, nor will they be allowed inside the competition space at any time. This includes dugouts, track infield, and tennis breezeway.
- All athletes will remain separated from opposing teams when not competing.
- Concessions stands will be open and will sell pre-packaged food and drinks.
- Sunflower seeds or any other food promoting the act of spitting will not be permitted.