MHS alumna Julie Willmert to our staff, a registered nurse and licensed athletic trainer, joined the Giants staff in 2016.
Willmert was named to the Marion High School Tennis Hall of Fame in 2014. She and her father, Bill Beekman (in whose honor the courts were named that year as well), were the inaugural honorees to the MHS Tennis Hall of Fame. Willmert (then Julie Beekman) was a three-time state runner-up for singles. She was also the North Central Conference singles champion and First Team All-State all four years of her MHS career.
She holds a bachelor’s degree in nursing and athletic training from Indiana Wesleyan University, and has previously served as athletic trainer for Mississinewa High School. She also has worked as a nurse manager at the Life Center Medical Clinic in Wabash for several years. She is certified in CPR and First Aid, along with AED operations.
We are thrilled to welcome Julie back to the ranks of the Marion Giants!
SUPPLIES FOR PLAYERS
The Marion athletic department has partnered with AthletePacks to put together athletic training items that are commonly used by Marion athletes. You can get items individually or get ‘packs’, which were put together by the coaches and trainers. The prices are very reasonable. The athlete pays for the items online and they are shipped to the athlete’s home address. Click here to go to the Marion AthletePacks page.
Each Marion student-athlete must have fully completed medical forms on file in the athletic office. The 4 forms include a physical, health history, concussion & cardiac arrest, and IHSAA consent form. Below is a link for each of these forms.
- Physical, Health History, IHSAA Forms (3 of the 4 physical forms needed)
- Sudden Cardiac/Concussion Form (final of 4 physical forms needed)
INFORMATION & EDUCATION
- Concussion Evaluation & Release Form
- Marion Parent Letter
- Info Sheet on Sudden Cardiac – Parents
- Info Sheet on Sudden Cardiac – Athletes
- Info Sheet on Concussions – Parents
- Info Sheet on Concussions – Athletes
- Energy Drink Information
- Steroid Brochure for Parents
- Mouthguard Information
- Eating Disorders (kit for coaches, trainers and parents)
- Heat Index Chart
- Heat Illness Prevention
- IHSAA Lightning Guidelines